Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recently..

There hasn't been much to blog about lately, life is pretty usual, so I thought I would give a little update of what we have been up to during this first month of summer:

There's been a little of this:
Got this book for my birhday and finally have the time to read it. I love all of her books and I am especially enjoying this one!


A lot of this:
Brad and I love this series- we are nerds and we read together every night and we just finished the latest book in this series. If you liked Harry Potter you will love these- I promise!


Probably too much of this:

Brad got me a milkshake machine for my birthday and since then we have had lots of fun trying new flavors. This nights concoction- vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and heath toffee bits- YUM! (just in case you are wondering- two straws is the only way to go with a milkshake!)

Some of these:

Cookies and cream cupcakes-I made these babies for a family party last week and they were a huge hit! I posted the recipe for them here if you would like to give them a try.

A little of these:

I potted these a few weeks ago and I am so proud that they are still alive- I wish I knew what kind of flowers they were but I threw the little thing away that said. I cannot wait until we have a house with a real yard so I can do more than just a pot.


And I invested in one of these:


I know- I'm a big spender! Really this thing has motivated me so much- It nice to know how far I am actually going on my runs and it is easier to push myself now- which is good due to all the treats that we like to eat lately.

Well- I hope everyone else is enjoying this beautiful rainy June!

7 comments:

Jenny and Brett said...

That milkshake machine sounds fun. What's the difference between that and a blender? It looks yummy! We have been making chocolate sodas quite a bit recently-yum! Way too go on running. If I lived by you, I would run with you.

One Happy Heart Family said...

Sounds and looks like lots of FUN! Oh a milkshake machine, YUMMY! Hey we should run together. UMMM well your in better shape than me :) so your would have to go slow! The cupcakes look very yummy! It was nice chatting with you today, even though it was only for a minute.

Carly said...

ooh, i'm glad you posted that recipe. they look so pretty! i eat way too many milkshakes, too. it's probably a good thing i don't have a fancy machine to make my own :)

Shellyse and Cody said...

Darc I like the first photo on your blog its way cute! Do you run in the mornings or night?

Hadley Family said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! I will have to make them! Do you think the fablehaven would be okay to read to my kids? Have fun

Laurel said...

I am glad you posted and it was great to see you the other night! Thank goodness for blogs or we would be more out of touch. Even though you feel you don't have anything to blog about, anything is interesting to us readers! KEEP IT UP! Yummy treats, I will eat them for you anytime!

Jodi said...

That's it! Fablehaven is the next series on my list! You've convinced me. But since I've been trying to get Tate to read Harry Potter (or at least listen to me read aloud, while I narrate in various voices for different characters...)I will leave Tate out of this one. It's better for all of us that way. ha!