Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Peppermint Anyone?

I love love love this time of year!  I also love to bake!  And thanks to finals being over with I am actually able to enjoy both of those things!  Lately I have been on sort of a peppermint kick.  I think that I have decided that everything is better with a little peppermint extract and crushed peppermint sticks on top.  So here is what I have been up to lately.  (Since I am no longer a captive to maintaining sterile fields, memorizing side effects, or waking up at 3:30 in the a.m.)

Peppermint Swirl Cupcakes:

Homemade Candy Cane Oreos

Peppermint Bark
My sister and I got together yesterday and made 12 pans of this stuff!  It is probably safe to say that we were on a peppermint high by the end of the day, but we had fun doing it... at least I did! And maybe if you are lucky you will get to try some of this stuff!

We will have to see what else is in store for this week!  It just feels more festive in my house when I make something yummy!  And it is always better with some fun Christmas tunes in the background!  I just love this time of year!  Yay for finally having time to enjoy it!

7 comments:

Candace said...

I am so impressed! All of that stuff looked fantastic! I have a serious respect for anyone who can bake. Well done!

Rob and Mare said...

Are you kidding me? There's a puddle of drool on my keyboard. They all look delicious! Go Darc!

Jodi said...

Impressive to say the least!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

I'm so glad you get enjoy yourself!! You deserve a great break. I wish I was at your house. ;)

Carly said...

yum! they all look delish. please share recipes :) and enjoy your break from school! i'm sure it's nice to finally be able to relax a bit and not worry about what assignment or test is coming up.

Jenny and Brett said...

You have been busy. Are you sugared out yet? I haven't made a single cookie yet.

Jodi said...

that peppermint bark is maybe one of the most delicious things ever.