Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When green is all there is to be...

So this one has been a long time coming. I have been wanting to paint our bedroom since we moved in but kept on putting it off for various reasons. Well a couple of weekends ago I had the whole weekend off and I just decided I was going to do it. So i went to Lowes and picked up the paint and everything I would need ( it felt like I was buying the whole store). I came home and got to work. So by Saturday things were going very smoothly Brad was helping me and we were almost done. So I went to get a little more paint and as I am doing so I knock the whole can of paint over and it sort of went flying down to the ground. Needless to say we had paint EVERYWHERE! It was all over the carpet, our bed, our armoire- everywhere. So I just start freaking out and Brad rushes over and we start cleaning it up. After a couple of minutes of what seemed like useless trying, Brad suggested that I call my mom and see if she had any ideas of how to clean it up. So I called her and my cute parents came down with cleaners and steamers and towels galore. We somehow managed to get it all out of the carpet so then it was just the furniture we had to worry about. We tried a couple of things but with no avail and I was resorting to the fact that I would probably have to repaint the furniture. Then my mom had this brilliant idea and she asked me if I had any magic erasers and I said YES! I bought those puppies when we very first got married but have never needed to use them. So I ran downstairs and grabbed them and what do you know- they took the paint right off of our armoire, so then we went to work on the bed and it totally cleaned it off. It was like a miracle. You can't even tell anything happened. Brad thinks we need to write a letter to Mr. Clean and tell him how incredible those things are.

So by the time we were finished dealing with that it was like 11:00 and so we decided to just be done for the night and then it was Sunday so we didn't paint and then our crazy week started all over again. So I just finished up painting this past weekend and Brad was so excited to have our room back. I am really happy with how it turned out. I just love color and it makes it so much cozier in there. (sorry i know that was really bad grammar!)


So here are some pics of the finished product.


See- no paint on the furniture!!!

Well that has been most of the excitement around here for us. We are both just REALLY looking forward to the end of the semester. Especially since this is Brad's last one! He graduates in 31 days- yippee!

10 comments:

Mary said...

It looks great! I saw the night you guys were doing it, the blind was open. I'm glad that it all came out, I seriously would have flipped!

shannon said...

Cute bedroom! I'm glad you got the paint out! Looks lovely.

Kristen said...

I love it!!!!! It is so cute.

christianna said...

looks so good!
i've tried the magic eraser things before but didn't find much use for them. now i know ... !

Jenny and Brett said...

The room turned out really cute Darc. The green looks like my family room(or maybe yours is a little darker) Anyway, your lucky that magic erasers didn't take off the paint on the bed. That seems to be what happens to us when we use those. But we still love them. That's why our first blog pot was "Why we love magic erasers"

Carly said...

I love the green and I'm so glad you got all the paint out! Paint is a mess to clean up so you are a lucky girl :)

Rachel McKinnie said...

Oh my goodness what a crazy day that musta been for you!!! I would have died. I can't believe it came out with magic erasers (I do love them too, very much so). Too bad you can't write to Mr. Clean, because he just passed away a couple weeks ago...ask me why I know that?
Anyway, the room looks super cute!!! And yay for Brad!!!

Jenn said...

I love it! I have to admit, I think that Magic Erasers are amazing. They are always saving me!

One Happy Heart Family said...

I am sorry, I just have to laugh. We have been painting our whole house and I have been so parinoid of spilling paint, I didn't thankfully. I am glad you got it all cleaned up. I agree with Jenn, magic erasers are the best, they are a must when you have kids. Well the room turned out looking GREAT. Its so much fun painting. Ps I love your furniture.

Sweet Daisy said...

Darc, it looks great! I wish I could be so daring. Anyway, I wanted to let you know about my boutique this Saturday. If you look on my blog, all of the info is posted there. I hope to see you there, and bring or tell your friends/other people. Thanks!!!