Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Incredible Day

This past weekend my family was able to have such a neat experience together. We woke up bright and early and all trecked down to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple (due to logistics this was the easiest temple for us). My mom is a convert to the Church and therefore has a lot of family names that need their temple work done including my grandparents and great-grandparents. So we started off doing the baptisms and ended of course with the sealings. Now obviously I am not going to go into a lot of detail, but it was seriously such an incredible experience. The spirit was SO strong there and it was so incredible to know that we were linking our family together like that. I have never done family names before and it definitely gave it much more meaning even though I never actually met any of those people besides my Grandma. After the sealings were done my mom was able to get sealed to her parents and it was just so amazing. The sealer that was with us was such a neat guy and offered some profound insight that I hope I will never forget. The spirit was so strong I just couldn't stop smiling (I'm not much of a crier but if I were I am sure that I would have been crying). It was also just so neat to be in the temple, especially the sealing room, with so much of my family. I am so grateful that we were able to have this experience together and even more than that I am so grateful to Heavenly Father that has blessed my family with a knowledge of the Gospel and that I have an amazing Mother who had the courage to get baptized. I am also so grateful for the power that is in the temple and the blessings that we are able to recieve there. We really are so blessed!

4 comments:

Shambray said...

That is AWESOME Darc! Ryan is a convert too. We plan on doing that for his family hopefully sooner than later!

Jenn said...

That is so cool. I have never done family names, either, so I can just imagine how amazing that must feel. How neat to be able to have such a great time as a family!

Jenny and Brett said...

Beautiful post Darci! I wish more than anything that I could of been there with you guys. But I am so glad that so much of that was able to get done. I am sure Grandma and Grandpa are too.

Chelly said...

Amazing! I LOVE the temple, I have had so many neat experiences there. I have never done family names like that either (I think grandma Whitmer had us covered). That makes me want to search out and do the same thing. You and your husband are too cute.