Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our life...

So we really haven't had any fun and exciting events happen the past couple of weeks but I thought that I would just give a little update on our lives. I have been at my new job for almost a month now- which seems so crazy. I have been loving every minute of it though! I have learned so much and I think I am starting to pick it all up. It really is such a fun job though, I just get to look at all the pretty dresses and help brides pick one out. Pretty much I just play dress up all day and I love it!
Brad is still working at the print center for the church and he has really loved it. He works with some really good people out there and his boss loves him. He is always telling Brad that he is looking for an ever better position for him because he is so impressed with what Brad has already done. I am so glad that my husband is such a hard worker!
Well with my new job we thought that we were going to be able to see a lot more of each other and we were so excited. Well then we got a call from the stake president a couple weeks ago and Brad is now the first counselor in the bishopric. We were so overwhelmed at first but it is starting to sink in and we are getting used to it. Needless to say he is pretty much always at meetings- so much for having more time together! He really has enjoyed the calling so for though and I think that it will be a great experience for both of us. We have already seen so many blessings and I am so grateful that Brad is so willing to serve. I am starting to get used to sitting all by myself in sacrament and being home alone a lot. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet!
This weekend though I did get to spend some time with my best friend Kellie Joan and it was so so good. We went to our favorite restaurant downtown- Roosters. It was so good to talk to her and hang out with her. We don't get to see each other nearly as often as we would like so I soak it up when we do. Thanks Kells- love ya!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Darci I am so glad you found my blog so I could look at yours. Glad all is well in your life! When you see Kellie again tell her I saw HI!

Siomara, RN said...

DAR's!!!! WOW! I found your blog through Mare's. Crazy thing I was actually thinking about you today then I clicked on mare's and there you were. I love your blog its too adorable. Hope to hear from you soon.

Carly said...

Wow Darc- you have such a positive attitude about being all by yourself in sacrament already :) I don't think I'd be too happy if Mike got a calling that big right now! Glad to have a little update on all that's going on. I haven't seen Kellie for so long, how is she?

Sweet Daisy said...

Wow! I can't believe that he's in the bishopric. That is pretty huge! You guys are so great in handling things, though, so I'm sure it will all work out. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your job!

Carly said...

hey darc- i photo tagged you! if you'd like to play, the instructions are on my blog. i'd love to see your cute house :)