Monday, August 18, 2008

All About Family

This weekend was definitely another crazy one but it was all about family. Friday was an insane day- it was Sarah's wedding! The day was so crazy though. I was working on the cake all day and after rolling out all that fondant my arms are so buff. It was fun though because Jenny flew in early on friday morning and came down and helped me with the cake. It was so good to spend time with her and especially to see Owen- this was the first time I have seen him in real life and he is 18 months old! So things went pretty well with the cake and at about three in the afternoon Brad and I loaded it in the car and headed down to Bountiful. Sarah and Chris got married in his aunt's backyard and the view was incredible. They were really close to the temple so it was especially neat all lit up at night. The ceremony was really nice and I have never seen Sarah happier. They were both so excited. They had a little reception afterward and then headed off. Then it was clean up time for the rest of us! We all finally left there around 11 and we were all dead tired.
Saturday was more time spent with my family. Since Jenny was only going to be here for two days we all wanted to spend as much time with her and owen as we could. We had a family birthday party and we all just hung out and talked and it was so so good. It was such a fun night and I didn't want to leave because I don't know when I will see jen again. They are trying to sell their house so they can move out here so everyone keep your fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

What a busy weekend! Your cake skills are getting to be amazing! Way to go! I'm glad you got to spend good time with your family - I hope things work out for your sister so she can move out here!

Rob and Mare said...

Wow Darci, your cake is incredible! I would've paid mega bucks for that cake. It looked amazing. Good work! Your sister looked so pretty. And your nephew Owen is adorable! I'm very VERY impressed with your cake!

Bree Johnson said...

Darci! Hey I found you somehow! This is Breanna Berntsen/johnson- just wanted to say hi and see what you were up too! You look awesome!

Mary said...

I didn't know you made cakes! They look awesome! Hopefully things work out so your sister can move here!

Melissa said...

Darci! I saw your link on Bree's page and I wondered if you were the same Darci! Crazy that I haven't seen you since high school! Anyway you look really great! Really happy! Its good to see you- well sort of see you lol