Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here we go again...

Remember those days when even though you weren't like super stoked to go back to school it was still kind of exciting? You got to see all of your friends after the summer break and plus you would get to buy some cute new outfits and show off your new hairstyles. That was always kind of exciting for me. Well those days are definitely gone...
Brad and I started back up with the fall semester this week and for some reason we are both really struggling. I cannot express to you how badly I am not looking forward to this. We are both taking a pretty heavy load and between that and work and our callings I don't know when we are even going to see each other let alone talk and actually do something fun. I just have to keep on telling myself it will all be worth it. We both keep on teasing each other that we are going to drop out- only sometimes I am not teasing. The only positive thing about this semester is that it might be Brad's last one- that is giving us both some hope.
Okay I am going to stop being a baby because I realize that most of you are in my same position or are passed it and you somehow managed to get through it. For now it just seems like a very long road for us. Oh well!

9 comments:

Rachel McKinnie said...

Awwwww. You can make it Darci...Brad...hang in there. Hope it's been good so far. Don't study too much ;)

Carly said...

I know how you feel! It seems never-ending and I wonder every day if it will really be worth it. Plus when you're married, you don't get the exciting part of going back to school, which is buying new clothes. But good luck. We can make it!

Jenny and Brett said...

Hang in there my dearest. You have know idea how many times I have kicked myself for not getting school in before a family. Though there wasn't much of a choice:) Keep up the good work!

shannon said...

I remember feeling that same way, and now that I'm graduated, I wish I was going back! Good luck with the heavy load. You can do it!! :)

Mary said...

I totally know where you're coming from! I started back this semester, too and it's totally kicking my rear. But you guys can do it! Maybe we should get together and have a "study session" with some ice cream!

christianna said...

good luck! sounds crazy busy ... but it will be fun! it's when you're so busy that you have to be extra creative about how to have fun. :)

i miss you, too!!

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry! Sometimes I wish I could've gone to school before the kids, too. Good luck, and please let me know if you need anything!

Karlee and Micah said...

You're not alone Darci, not that it makes it any better. I started making myself physically sick the other night when I realized that school was about to start. Maybe we should all drop out and run away to some wonderfully exotic place...

Sweet Daisy said...

You'll get through it, I promise. I know that it seems so hard right now, and I have been in your shoes, believe me. At the end I often just felt like pulling my hair out, I was so frustrated, and ready to be done. Then the day finally came to graduate. It so was like Heaven!! Keep trucking through!