Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Festivities



We had a fabulous Thanksgiving break together. It is weird for Brad and I to get even one day off together but we somehow managed to have 3 in a row. I didn't really take many pictures except this one of our tree this year. This is what we did most of our day on Friday and I am very happy with how it turned out this year. I was able to go to the Nutcracker the day before thanksgiving with my mom, Bethany and her girls and it was so fun. Totally made it feel like Christmas! We spent Thanksgiving day with my family and had tons of fun. The food was so yummy- seriously, I don't normally like turkey, I usually just take a little bit. But this year it was so moist and flavorful I kept on wanting more. We had fun playing games together and probably played for a little too long. It's a good thing noone had to work in the morning. Brad and I also were able to go and get some shopping done as well as watch some movies and take some naps. Pretty much we just enjoyed relaxing together. I am so in love with this time of year. It is so good to have a reminder of how blessed we are and to have more oppurtunities to serve people. I can't get enough of all the Christmas music and decorations everywhere. I am almost done with my shopping which is exciting, I actually purposefully put off some of it because I really like the hussle and bussle of the season and I didn't want to miss out on it. I know, I am a nerd. I am also sure that when I am trying to hunt down a parking place at the mall I won't be so in love with that.

5 comments:

Shambray said...

I love your tree! I am so glad you guys got 3 days off together.

Hey email me your address. I want to send you something. My email is shambray@gmail.com

Hadley Family said...

okay i have an idea for those late nights our husbands are at meetings!! You can teach me how to make my blog cute like yours. :) I need you to show me the tricks.

Jenny and Brett said...

I love your tree! It's nice to hear that you and Brad got to spend some time together. I wish that we were playing games into the late night with the family :(

Austin Christina Cranney said...

Isn't it fun to put the Christmas decorations up? I really like your tree. It's nice to spend time together with nothing else to do isn't it...

Jenn said...

Your blog is so cute! I love it! And your tree is so pretty - how fun to get some time together finally! ENjoy this time!