Sunday, August 1, 2010

Looking Forward...

My sundays are filled with A LOT of free time, which gives me a lot of time to think. Today I have been thinking a lot about the things that I have coming up, some of them soon and others not so soon, to look forward to.

  • The cookie dough cheesecake that I am hoping to make sometime this week.

  • This Saturday when Brad will get home from camping with the scouts. He hasn't even left yet and I am already excited for him to get home!

  • Our little trip to Bryce Canyon in a couple weeks!

  • Not having to work on Saturdays. I only have 1 left!

  • Finally starting the Nursing program. This brings so many mixed emotions but I think excitement and extreme anxiety can basically sum it up.

  • A new calling. Don't know what it is yet but I keep on telling Brad that I am ready for one. I hate not having one, I feel like I am not really contributing.

  • Someday sitting by Brad in church. I don't really even remember what it was like to sit by him in Sacrament, but I am pretty sure that I liked it. Maybe someday I will get to like it again.

  • Someday being a mom. (Just to clarify, this is definitely NOT an announcement.)

  • Someday watching Brad be a dad. I love watching all the dads at church and seeing how they interact with their kids. It makes me very excited to see what Brad will be like.

  • Being able to go to this beatiful temple:
I seriously gasped when I first saw this picture. I think it is the most beautiful temple they have designed for a while. I can't wait to be able to go inside!

Reading over this list also makes me realize just how blessed I am to have these things to look forward to. I only have my Heavenly Father to thank for all of these things.

5 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

Looks like you have alot of FUN things to look forward too! That is super exciting you are starting the nursing program, there needs to be more tender hearted people like you out there to be nurses. We have had so much experience with "oh it's a job and $" attitudes it's ridiculous!!! You will be a great one! I know the feeling of sitting alone in church. It's not a fun one!! Bryce worked Sunday's for 6 years. The vaca sounds fab too!! How have you guys been?? Haven't seen you for forever??? I am guessing u are super busy. Let me know if I can help do anything?? hmmmmm I could even help eat ur cheese cake??? Lol the other day Bryce wanted brownies, me being a box fan, he told me call Darci she probably has a yummy receipe. She is such a good treat maker!! Lol It was too cute!!! Well hope u are having a great summer. We still need to plan our bbq some time!! Even if it's super hot :0)

Gayle W. said...

Glad you have so much to look forward to. I am excited for all the great things in store for you guys. You have a super husband, and we have a super son-in-law! (Actually, we have a few of those!) It is a gorgeous temple, isn't it? I'm excited for it, dad says it is reminiscent of the SLC temple. I'm anxious to see what it is like inside! Yeah, that cheesecake should be yummy! Enjoy!!

Jenn said...

I don't know if you're like me, but when I have a lot of neat things to look forward to, I get antsy! I hope that you love your nursing program; I agree with Chrissie that you'll be awesome! You are amazing, and kind, and I know you'll do great! And about getting a new calling...I could recommend a Sunday school calling! ;) You'd do great!

The Smith's said...

Darci, so fun to stumble upon your blog! I love the new temple too, I'm super excited to go to it! And I might just come over and eat all your cheesecake!! Nate's camping until Saturday too... and I feel the same way!

Jenny and Brett said...

Darci hopefully by the time your kiddos come Brad will get a break for awhile. It's much easier to sit alone without kids. I am excited for you to start and finish school. Love ya!iallis