Monday, September 1, 2008

a little "r and r"

So I have already expressed my anguish over starting school and my fears over brad and I not really spending much time together this semester. So a few weeks ago I found out that I would have the whole labor day weekend off. So I talked brad into letting us go up to park city for a night. We left after I got off work friday night and got up to our hotel about 8:00pm. We checked into our hotel, but at this point I was absolutely starving so we didn't even go up to our room. We headed straight over to main street and found a steak house called Bandits. Brad of course got a steak and I got ribs. It was pretty good food- they had these grilled green beans that were amazing and I am now on quest to recreate them! So after dinner I was feeling much better so we walked around main street a little bit and we just happened to run into the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Oh my heck I love that place. So we picked out a few chocolates- and then we noticed that they had rock candy. That stuff just brings back so many memories for me. My dad used to by it for us when we would go up there and it was the coolest thing to me. So we had to get some of that! Only I was a little dissapointed when I actually tasted mine because it was bubble gum flavor- I swear that when I was little pink was not bubble gum- oh well! So with our treasures in hand we headed back to our hotel. We were pretty happy when we got up there because our room was really nice. It had a full kitchen with granite counter tops and huge bathroom. The room was big enough that we didn't feel cramped and they had it decorated so nice that it didn't even feel like a hotel room it was really cozy!

The best part about our little trip was that we got to sleep in on saturday and just hang out. We didn't have anywhere that we needed to rush off to. We headed down to starbucks for some donuts and juice in the morning and then later on it was off to none other than the outlets! We found a few good deals up there but mostly it was just so fun to hang out and not have to worry about work or school or anything else. While strolling around the outlets we went into the Nike store because Brad was wanting to find some new basketball shoes. I was kind of bored and not really into looking at the shoes so I just started wandering and happened upon the section for really big footed men. I found this shoe that was a size 18! Holy cow a size 18! I was laughing so hard and I showed it brad and then we were both laughing so hard. This thing was huge! it was like the size of my arm! We took a pic with our feet too so you could see how big it was. It makes my foot look like a midget foot! Well that pretty much wrapped up our outlet shopping and so we then headed to quiznos for lunch and topped it all off with a cold stone waffle bowl!
Really we were both just so glad to have a nice break with no worries. We are definitely going to have to do it more often!

6 comments:

Rachel McKinnie said...

Now that's just crazy!!! I just posted something on my blog for ya.
I'm glad you got to get away together this weekend. Sounds like you had a great time!

Carly said...

I love Park City. I'm glad you two got to enjoy your weekend together. I hope you can go back soon!

Jenny and Brett said...

I am jealous of the weekend getaway. Only in my fondest dreams. Those shoes are hilarious! Did Brad get a pair? (Hee-Hee)

Jenn said...

What a great weekend! I've actually never been to Park City! I'm so glad that you guys got away for a good relaxing time! You definitely deserve it. Tell Brad that he did such a great job teaching on Sunday!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Did you know my husband wears a size 16? Really truly. I just love ya darc, you crack me up. :)

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Darci! Hey It's Kara from good ole' Country Boy Dairy! I am obviously excited (note the exclamation points) that I found your blog. I have thought about you often, and have wondered what ever became of you. I'm glad to see life is treating you well! here we are at the-farnsworths.blogspot.com