Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

Brad and I had a wonderful weekend. It was probably the most perfect weekend we have had in a long time. I had saturday off- which never happens. So we took advantage of this rare occurence by sleeping in and it felt wonderful! We were able to go to the temple in the morning and do sealings and it was the perfect way to start our day. Then we went out to breakfast at Jeremiah's (even though it was more like lunch time) and I just love that place! Then we ran a few errands together. It really was just so fun to be together during the day because it seriously never happens. Sunday was a beautiful day and we were able to spend most of it together. We had stake conference but it wasn't until 3:00 so we spent the morning hanging out and hunting for easter baskets :) Brad did have to go to the church for a few interviews but other than that we had a whole sunday together! (this also NEVER happens) Then we went to stake conference and I had to say the opening prayer! Holy cow I really thought that I was going to pee my pants up there or something. I was so scared and nervous and I was just glad when it was over with. We went to Brad's families for a yummy ham dinner and then to my sister Bethany's for some dessert and entertainment from her 3 kids who were all on a sugar high!
Really it was just such a good weekend and I am glad that it was so relaxed. I think it helped to have time to really think about what this weekend is all about and what an incredible blessing the atonement and ressurection are in our lives! We really are so blessed to have the gospel in our life.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love those weekends when there is nothing to do and you can just relax! We didn't make it to conference but I'm sure you did a great job! I would have been so nervous!

Jenny and Brett said...

I'm glad it was you praying in Stake conference, and not me. I better watch what I am saying, I may get a phone call soon. Knock on wood! I wish we were there for Easter. We love you guys!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you guys got to enjoy it. We don't get those beautiful sleeping in days anymore. There is always school or work or baby to get us up. I bet you did a great job at the prayer. I would have peed my pants :)