Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So lucky!

Do you ever have those times when you are just trying to get through life and then something suddenly hits you? Okay I know that we all do but I definitely had one of those moments this week. I won't go into the details but the past couple of months have been pretty rough for my family to say the least. I have spent so much time worrying about my parents and my siblings that a lot of other things have been getting ignored. Throw school on top of that and there is pretty much no time left for cooking or cleaning or time to spend with Brad. Well monday was a particularly stressful day for me and as I arrived home at 9:00pm from campus after taking a test I suddenly realized one of the most amazing things: I am married to the most incredible man. I am completely and utterly amazed at his love for me and all of the things that he does for me and for my family. He never complains about helping my parents out with something and he is so understanding if I have to spend the whole night studying. He has some new found talents of cooking and doing laundry and I am so grateful that he is willing to step up for me! He really is just the best and I cannot believe that I have him and I hate that it is so easy for me to take for granted the relationship we have. I know that this was a much needed realization for me and hopefully I will do better at remembering just how lucky I am to have him!

5 comments:

Shambray said...

I think we all need those moments in our lives. They are the best! It is just so easy for us to take the simple easy things in life for granted. I am glad you have such a great husband!

Rob and Mare said...

Wait, guys can actually do laundry and cook??? Huh, good to know:) (oh the deception!)
That really is so great! I'm glad you married such a good guy. Good luck with school and everything!

Jenny and Brett said...

I am feeling the same way, sometimes life gets so overwhelming and you forget or don't aknowledge the wonderful things that are getting you through the tough things. Let's pray for better days!

Carly said...

i hope you're doing ok, darc! what a sweet hubby. i love those moments when you remember just how lucky you really are.

Rachel McKinnie said...

Awwww...you do have a great husband. Thanks for taking care of my little sis Brad. You are a great man.