Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December!


So Carly had this on her blog and I thought it was way fun- I just really, really love this time of year!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? depends on what I am wrapping- I sort of go overkill on buying wrapping paper- I propbably have ten rolls of just christmas paper!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I always swore that I would never have an artificial tree but last year my sister gave us a really nice tree and it was free so that is what we use. It is acutally really pretty and at least we don't have to worry about watering it!
3. When do you put up the tree? We put it up the day after thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? usually on new years day or whenever I get around to it.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really but I always think I have to drink some to be festive- as long as it has some 7up in it I can handle it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? probably my american girl doll.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Brad's dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? any of my sisters or my mom.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes- Brad got me the willow tree one when we were engaged and last year he got me the shepard animals- we will see if I get anything to go with it this year")
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? um- am I supposed to do that?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands down it is Elf it is sort of a tradition for us to watch together- we both just laugh the whole time.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?This year I was pretty proud of myself, I started in like october and I am pretty much done now.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cardamom rolls, petit fors, potato sausage- my list could go on and on.
16. Lights on the tree? lots and lots of white ones!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Really I just love christmas music. My favorite cd's are peter breinholt, sarah mclachlan, james taylor and forgotten carols( i know, i'm a nerd but i grew up listening to it)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? maybe- bet definitely not in order.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Snowflake actually
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve at my mom's but everything else on christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Definitely finals and this year I am going to be very excited for tithing settlements to be over with too.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Snowflakes- I am sort of obsessed with snowflakes but brad is so cute because he is always finding all sorts of cute snowflake things for me.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I think we always have a ham for christmas dinner but on christmas eve my mom does a swedish smorgasboard and it is definitely the favorite meal of the year!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I can't tell because then Brad would know and he has to figure it out on his own:)

6 comments:

Mary said...

I can't imagine dealing with tithing settlements! We had ours last night and we left at 6:30 and they said they were still going to be awhile! Good luck with finals!

Brad T said...

Now everyone else knows what I have to go through!

The girl never NEVER never EVER tells me what she wants...

Any thoughts???

BT

Carly said...

It was fun reading your answers. I love Christmas too :) Good luck with finals and getting through tithing settlements!

Jenny and Brett said...

I am nerd with you Darci, but I also like to listen Amy Grant christmas.
Sorry Brad, maybe I could give you some clues if I was around you guys on a regular basis. Happy December!

Rachel McKinnie said...

Hahaha. Sorry for you Brad!!!

Good for you Darc, for almost being done. We just barely started with our first 4 gifts today. Ugh. It's gonna be a long next few weeks!!!

Jenn said...

Oh, cruel making Brad guess! :) I do it, too! I just drop subtle hints, and maybe tell my mom - if he wants to know, he'll figure it out! I hope your finals went well! :0)